There are different reasons why SUBA is going full on with the gearbox for our HT120 to HT170 and gravel / all road :
Firstly, our partner Effigear offers a local solution, readily available, built in Europe by a reliable team focused on customer support,
The mechanism is simply fantastic to use, perfectly adequate for a gravity-oriented bike or a hassle free, long hauler bike, exactly the range of frames SUBA is offering.
From a mechanical point of view, you will read many reviews to present the advantage of a gearbox vs a conventional derailleur, such as:
– Unsuspended weight kept close into the frame, just by your feet: gravity centre is lowered. The bike feels more composed and more predictable.
– Minimal maintenance, as there is no mechanism dipping in mud or dragging on rocks: so, it’s like once a year will you need to drain the oil, fill up with a fresh sip and off you go! Something you can do at home, no special tool required. Speaking about maintenance, the perfect chain line is ideal for minimal wear of the drive train (and belt compatible, yes), so you can use any cheap 8sp chain from any average bike shop in the world if you break it. Change it once a year too.
– Instant gear changes and variable steps from speed to speed, even upshifting under load is possible. Very intuitive, and shift gears while coasting with our fixed hub (on request, custom wheel build available).
– Stronger rear wheel with a perfect dish, fixed hub and fast built-in freewheels engagement (48pts in any gear).
– Regular trigger shifter, like you might already be using for years on your actual bike.
– Did we mention 5 years warranty? Are you game now?
At SUBA’s, we’ve been very keen since almost 10 years now to use gearboxes on our personal bikes, and yes, the Pinion solution is fully compatible with our custom designed frame-to-box bracket connection, we can proudly claim to offer the smallest chain stay value in the market.
Because we like it when it’s getting rowdy and rocky, we’ve been integrating a chain retainer up front combined with our exclusive excentric drop-outs in the back, so that you can focus on your riding. Be sure to pick the “installation service” when purchasing your frameset, so that you’ll be granted with this optional mounting operation for the gearbox and its fine tuning, all housing (gear and seat post w/ Jagwire LEX SL and Xtra supple stainless cable) + rear brake line (of your choice) w/ foam insulation into the downtube, first oil change after a 15hrs brake-in period, allowing a 40% discount on the gearbox protection shell. We will offer a custom thru axle dropout to adjust the chain’s tension early next year, neat and simple!
SUBA frames share the same common features, whatever the range, model, or size:
· Designed and built by hands in our facility located in Cataluña; all special parts designing, communication and promotion internally made.
· Materials are only from Reynolds Technologies quality steel tube (853-631-525 depending on the application); SUBA’s design locally sourced CNC parts.
· Full length 31.6mm seat tube without any telescopic seat post length restriction; integrated seat clamp. Optional 27.2mm seat tube.
· Internal routing for all derailleur, seat post actuation and brake lines.
· Minimum of 2 water bottle bosses at least on the down tube with custom polyethylene with absorbing foam downtube protector on MTB range.
· SUBA scheme for custom choice of colours, white or black vinyl stickers, (chrome on option), complete custom paint is an option.
· Delivered with pre-routed wiring for an easy installation, eligible for pre-installation of complete housings and brake line, foam dampening housings: contact us.
This frame comes in 4 different sizes: S-M-L and XL
We do XS and XXL on request
Frame + Mimic gearbox by Effigear+ chainring 26 or 28 tooth + chain tensioner and retainer